Pumpkin Mousse

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am not a pumpkin pie fan.  For most of my life I thought I didn't like pumpkin because I didn't care for "The Pie."  I have found that I do like pumpkin, after all.  I suppose it is the mushy texture of pumpkin pie that I am not crazy about.  This dessert is a great alternative to "The Pie".  It has all the same flavors, but is light and airy with a little crunch from the cookies.  You really should try it!
 
 
1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 c. Sugar
2 Eggs
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 c. Cold Water
1 c. Canned Pumpkin
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Allspice
3 c. Cool Whip
10 Ginger Snap Cookies, crushed
6 - 8 Ginger Snap Cookies, whole
 
Place the gelatin, sugar, eggs, salt, and water in a small saucepan, and beat until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until the sugar and gelatin dissolve and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Do not boil or the mixture may curdle. Remove from the heat and set in a large pan of cold water. Let the gelatin mixture cool to lukewarm, stirring occasionally. Beat in the pumpkin, then the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 15 minutes, then fold in the dessert topping. Spoon into a large serving bowl or into 6 to 8 individual dessert dishes. Cover with plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.  When ready to serve, put a dollop of Cool Whip on top and then sprinkle the crushed cookies over the top and finish by standing a whole cookie in the Cool Whip. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family Table Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino